Writing blogs can either be a passion or a chore depending on your business and what you are trying to achieve. The goal is to gain viewers and attract commentators to your blog. By engaging the audience with questions that entice them to respond will add SEO to your website.
Maybe you are taking part of the blogosphere but all your posts can hear are crickets. You’ve made sure your blog has great content but still no signs of life. What is going on!?
Below are some of the main reasons I personally do not comment on blogs.
1) No relevance to my life. I have read many great posts that I do not relate to. There will be times where your readers will like what you wrote but won’t have anything to add to it or even share with you. Don’t be discouraged. There will always be other posts with great potential to become popular.
2) No photographs or videos. I am big on photography. If I see a post with zero media I skip it. I won’t take my time to read it. Your audience is like a kid who needs pictures to maintain their attention. Just make sure to not infringe any copyright material; we don’t want you to get in trouble. The best way to do this is use your own photographs. It keeps you safe and makes your post more interesting and unique.
3) Novel sized posts. If you have a post as long as a novel, seriously, I am out! Don’t get me wrong, but if I wanted to read a novel I’d choose one from my bookcase! Make it short. Get to the point. And if you really have to make it lengthy make sure to add relevant images to the post. Make it easy to read through. Or break it into parts, create cliff hangers and keep your readers’ interest.
4) Comments are not being asked for. Lately, I have been asking my blog readers to share their thoughts on the topic at hand. I try to end every post with a question. “What do you think about this? Or that?” “Do you remember when…?” Invite your readers to take part in your blog. Your blog is not only about you but your visitors.
5) No interaction. Many bloggers do not interact with their readers. They never give back. Asking for comments goes beyond asking for them. Interaction is a must. It makes your readers feel they are being heard. That the time they spent commenting is worth it. It takes less than 1 minute to respond to a comment! Remember, interaction will breed more interaction.
So, what are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree? Let us know.