Whether you are an individual or a business, understanding social media can be intimidating and confusing. As with everything else in life, what works for others may not work for you. Here are some tips on how to market your content.
- Write quality posts on topics that people are interested in. They can be educational, humorous, inspiring.
- Make sure your headlines are catchy and less than 75 characters. Of course, make sure the headline has something to do with the post itself.
- Make your content shareable. Add a Facebook share button; a retweet button. Digg, StumbleUpon, Google+, and Pinterest are also great buttons to have.
- Write on a regular basis. Knowing that you keep up with your blog will cause your readers to come back to see what’s new.
- Write lists. These are the most shared posts.
- Comment on other blogs in your niche. Also, create good relationships with other bloggers.
- Make it easy for your readers to subscribe to your blog either via email or RSS feed.
- Guest post on other blogs in your niche. Welcome other bloggers to guest post on yours. (This will provide links back to your blog)
- Include links to all your social media accounts.
- Respond to any comments left on your posts.
Check out // Make Your Blog Stand Out
- Connect your blog to Twitter.
- Grow your follower numbers. Quantity and quality are both important.
- Engage with your followers. Don’t wait for them to @ you. Take the initiative.
- Share other’s tweets. Make sure to add their @ handle so they know you’ve RT’d them.
- Tweet regularly. Include photos, people love photos.
- When sharing your blog posts make sure to add hashtags that are relevant to the post.
- Connect your blog to your Facebook page.
- Connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Engage your followers. Offer contests. Run polls.
- Make your updates shareable.
- Make sure to add a link to your Facebook page on your newsletter.
- Respond to comments left by your fans.
Remember to try new things. It’s always fun to break out of the box and be creative! People love the unusual so don’t be afraid to be different!